Rainbow Tavern & Lodge
Soda Springs, California
(Lake Tahoe Area)
Built alongside a bend in the Yuba River, this recently
renovated mountain lodge features original stone from local granite and woodwork of
hand-hewn timber. Historical photos are displayed in the Sierra Cocktail Lounge to reflect
the romantic past. Gather to play games by the large fireplace. Linger over a
delicious complimentary breakfast after a comfortable night's sleep. The onsite Engadine
Cafe also offers French and Californian cuisine for lunch and dinner. Enjoy year-round
activities using shuttle busses for skiing trails or bring your bike for area rides.
The Engadine Cafe and Sierra Cocktail Lounge are housed
the cozy Alpine atmosphere of historic Rainbow Tavern & Lodge.
Both day and
overnight guests can enjoy the finest of French and Californian Cuisine for breakfast,
lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch in our romantic Engadine and Sierra dining rooms.
Specials are created daily using only
the freshest of ingredients and incorporating seasonal delights.
The Sierra Cocktail Lounge & Bar provides a light menu throughout the day and is
home to an enchanting collection of historical photographs depicting the early years of
Donner Summit and surrounding locales. An antique pair of wooden skis like those worn by
the famous 1800's mail carrier, Snowshoe Thompson, are also displayed here and around the
base of the bar is one of only two original spittoons that remain in California.
Click Here to Check on Room Availability
AN ESCAPE TO REMEMBER
- Stay in private river and mountainside rooms with cozy, comfortable
- Relish a full breakfast, compliments of the house
- Dine in our delightful Engadine Cafe - serving excellent French and
Californian cuisine for breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch.
- Delight in the original architecture (circa 1920) featuring handhewn
timber and local granite.
- Savor hot toddies in the historic Sierra Cocktail Lounge which features
amazing black and white photographs of the area's history.
- Play games by our huge stone fireplace in the guest's lounge.
- Enjoy a prime location - just off I-80 and seven miles from fabulous
skiing at Summit Station.
- Take advantage of savings on trail passes - stay any non-holiday, midweek
(Sunday through Thursday) night and receive two vouchers per room to ski the next day at
Royal Gorge for the afternoon rate.
- Ride our shuttle bus - running between Rainbow and Summit Station daily
- Challenge yourself by skiing the 22km interconnect trail from Summit
Station to Rainbow Lodge (shuttle bus return). This trail is open weekends only in late
winter (weather and snow permitting)
When Can I come?
You can escape to Rainbow Tavertn & Lodge any night of the week,
any day of the year, and stay as long as you like. Please note we do have a two night
minimum on weekends and holidays during the winter season, but not in the summer.
AN EVENT TO REMEMBER
Rainbow Tavern & Lodge offers superb facilities for Weddings, Banquets, Meetings and Conferences. The peaceful setting, river views and excellent cuisine make Rainbow a unique and
memorable place to bring your friends or hold business meetings. For more information and
rates, please contact the General Manager.