Bed and Breakfast
Beautiful hilltop setting at our Berkshires B&B overlooking historic Lenox village
Inn, which has been welcoming friends since 1767, is the only Lenox Inn on the National
Register of Historic Places.
Experience the Birchwood Inn, a superb Berkshires
bed and breakfast charmingly surrounded by beautiful trees and stone fenced gardens. Built
in 1766, our charming Colonial Revival mansion is the only Lenox,
MA bed and breakfast on the National Register of Historic Places and provides
attractive antiques, quilts, collectibles and featherbeds.
Located in the picturesque Berkshire Hills, our romantic Lenox,
MA B&B is located within easy walking distance to historic downtown Lenox
and is wonderfully close to enjoyable cultural activities, such as summer performances by
the Boston Symphony Orchestra, The Norman Rockwell museum, Shakespeare & Co,
Hancock Shaker Village and the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art just to
name a few. Also nearby is beautiful Kennedy Park, which offers hundreds
of acres of scenic wooded trails, perfect for hiking and cross-country skiing. Come unwind
at our delightful Berkshires inn and enjoy all that this fabulous area has to offer!
Considered America's premier cultural resort, Lenox is
located in the heart of the Berkshires, and offers something for just
about everyone year-round. Visiting the Berkshires reveals a
delightful world of New England scenic beauty, wonderful
historical, literary and artistic experiences, exciting sports and recreation, and
world-class theater, music and dance festivals. The Berkshires also boast
incredible foliage, award-winning restaurants and charming antique stores. The
Berkshires are the perfect resort for all seasons.
Voted BEST Breakfast in New
England, says Arringtons!
All of our
guestrooms are named after former owners of the mansion, dating back to 1767.
Each guestroom has luxurious,
freshly ironed sheets, a private bath, air-conditioning, outgoing telephones, toiletries,
WiFi is available throughout the
Click Here To Check on Room Availability
Birchwood Inn has been awarded with the "Best
Breakfast in New England" and we constantly strive to meet and exceed your
expectations. Using only the freshest ingredients in our homemade breads,
muffins, fruits and entrees, and take special pleasure in preparing and serving our
full country breakfast each morning. Breakfast is provided each morning in our charming
19th century dining room - fireside or with a lovely view of our front garden Fresh
hot coffee and water for tea are available in the dining room from 7:45 a.m.
And if you are inspired to
create some of our breakfast items at home, you'll enjoy having a copy of our cookbook
"Breakfast at Birchwood."
Policies and Guest
- Rates: $175 - $345 All rates are per room, double occupancy. There is a $40.00 charge
for each additional person.
- A full country, award-winning breakfast served at individual tables generally at 9:00
a.m. and 10:00 a.m. and afternoon tea are included in all room rates.
- State and local room tax is 9.7%.
- Rates and minimum stays are subject to increases for most holidays and special events.
- Prices and terms are subject to change without notice (but not once you have made your
- Smoking is not permitted within the inn or within 10 feet of the entry, porch, and
Carriage House doors. Smoking is permitted in the garden.
- Quinn, Ellen's very friendly Golden Retriever hearing ear dog, is in residence. We
welcome all service dogs and accept well-behaved guest dogs whenever possible. (See Pet
Policy on our homepage)
- Children - well-behaved children 12 and over are welcome.
- Summer weekend reservations are accepted from repeat guests only until mid-February. New
guests are invited to put their names on our waiting list, and they will be contacted in
- We do not have a liquor license but guests are welcome to bring their own alcoholic
- There is a three-night minimum stay on Tanglewood Season weekends as well as on most
- There is a two-night minimum stay for midweek stays during Tanglewood and Foliage
- Weekends during Tanglewood Season are Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- There is a two-night minimum stay on weekends, excluding holiday weekends, from Labor
Day through late June.
Minimum stays are subject to increases for most holidays
- A one-night deposit for stays of three nights or less (with a valid major credit card,
check or money order) is required when making a reservation. A 50% deposit is required for
stays of four nights or more.
- Should you wish to cancel or change your reservation for any reason, we do require at
least 14 days' advance notice (21 days during Tanglewood and Foliage Seasons, and New
Year's, and longer for groups of 3 or more rooms) by telephone. With at least 14 (21)
days' notice, we will refund your deposit, less a service charge of 10% of your total
- Cancellations made within the 14-day (21-day) period will be charged for the full amount
of the reserved stay unless we are able to rebook the room.
If we are able to rebook the room, we will refund the rebooked portion, less the 10%
- We are a small inn and cancellations affect us dramatically. If you have any concerns
about possibly having to cancel, we do recommend inexpensive trip cancellation insurance.
- Check-in: 3:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. We are unable to accommodate early check-ins. If you
anticipate arriving after 8:30 p.m., please let us know ahead of time so that we can make
- Check-out: 11:00 a.m.
- Concierge Service: We are happy to make dinner reservations for our guests and provide a
wealth of information and directions.
Our Guest Pantry
Open to guests from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Our guest refrigerator honor bar ($1.00 per bottle/can) is stocked with
soda, and there is some room for guest food and drinks.
Coffee and tea are available 24/7, with a Senseo System for coffee and
an Instant Hot dispenser for tea
Ice maker and ice buckets and Corkscrews
Antique Shopping, Art Galleries, Beach, Concert
venue, Gourmet/Fine Dining, Historical interests, Lake, Live Music, Movie Theater, Museum,
National/State parks, Nature area, Tanglewood, Shakespeare & Co., MassMOCA, Berkshire
Opera Co., Williamstown Theater Festival, Jacob's Pillow, Outlet Stores, Performing
Theater, Picnic area, Religious Services, River, Ski area, Vineyard, Winery
Bicycle rental, Bicycle riding trails, Bird watching, Boating, Canoeing, Cross-country ski
trails, Downhill Skiing, Fishing, Golfing, Hiking trails, Horseback riding, Hunting,
Kayaking, Mountain Bike trails, Antiquing, Sailing, Shopping, Sight-seeing, Ski rentals,
Snow shoe rental, Snow shoe trails, Swimming, Table Tennis, Tennis courts, Tennis racket
rental, Water sports, Whitewater Rafting
the opportunity to host:
comfortable country elegance.at
Small weddings (under 30 guests)
Luncheons and Teas
The Birchwood Inn
The Birchwood Inn is a member of the following
Professional Association of Innkeepers International (PAII)
Lenox Chamber of Commerce
Berkshire Visitors Bureau
Massachusetts Lodging Association