New designer cottages
nestled in an idyllic tidal cove setting perfect for a romantic escape.
Stay a night or two or more!
Captivatingly cozy and quintessentially Maine, this magical enclave of 16 petite Kennebunkport cottages is a giant departure from traditional inns, Bed and Breakfasts, and hotels. Our whimsically intimate nightly accommodations offer the perfect romantic getaway to Kennebunkport Maine. Hard to describe, yet easy to love, we think Renovation Style magazine may have summed up Cabot Cove Cottages best — “decorated little houses with patios and lush landscaping, clustered next to Cabot Cove, one of Maine’s most beautiful saltwater settings.”
Our cottages offer a variety of sizes, amenities, and views of the cove and the gardens. Discover the one that speaks to you and plan your romantic Maine escape today.
Meander the quiet and peaceful grounds, play croquet, paddle a boat in the cove or just enjoy your romantic getaway to Kennebunkport Maine. When you are ready to face civilization,the Cottages are just a short stroll into the heart of Kennebunkport’s renowned Dock Square to shop, eat, or peruse fine art. The beautiful coastal Maine beaches of Kennebunk and Kennebunkport are just moments away.
Each of our cottages has its own charm and personality; All beautifully decorated by a different interior designer.
overlooking Cabot Cove is breathtaking and quintessentially Maine.
Wake to the birds
Each morning, we deliver a sumptuous
basket breakfast to be enjoyed in your cottage or served to you on your private patio
overlooking the cove.
- A private patio overlooking the cove or our lush gardens to enjoy cocktails
- A continental breakfast
- Fully equipped kitchen- Microwave, Keurig © Brewing System, 2 burner cook-top, fridge
- Designer furnishings
- Daily housekeeping services
- Thick fluffy towels, high thread-count sheets
- Cable Television with DVD, iHome docking stations, & wireless access (bring your own WiFi-enabled laptop)
- Hair dryer, ironing board and full size iron
- Ceiling fans and Air Conditioning
- Baseboard Electric Heat
- Unlimited use of rowboats and kayaks
- Great friendly and in the know staff
- All cottages have a private bath with tiled shower; Float-In and Anchorage have a full bath.
Launch one of our kayaks and meander the Kennebunk River.
Paddle a skiff about our cove. Wander through our lavish gardens framed by trellises,
stone terraces and quaint white picket fences. Laze on our dock; fish or catch-up on a
- Walk to Kennebunkport and explore the many fine shops, galleries and restaurants; wander
to the harbor for yachts and tuna boats.
- Visit stately summer homes, not the least of which belongs to George and Barbara Bush
- Walk tree line streets showcasing 18th and 19th century architecture built by merchants
and sea captains.
- Build sand castles, swim or be a beachcomber.
- Take a bike ride along scenic coastal routes.
- Paint the scene.
- Visit fine antique shops, auction houses and old bookstores.
- Dine in style or rough it in a lobster shack.
- Fish off the breakwater or a charter.
- The area is a magnet for artists; visit their galleries.
- Take a nature walk through Laudholm Farm, a unique saltwater farm, or the Rachel Carson
National Wildlife Refuge.
- Launch one of our kayaks and meander the Kennebunk River.
- Paddle a skiff about Cabot Cove.
- Visit Cape Porpoise, the quintessential Maine working harbor, home port to lobstermen
- Take a boat excursion - whale watching, schooner, scenic cruise or lobsterboat.
- Maine is known for its lighthouses; bring your camera.
- Take an architectural walking tour, including a National Register Historical District
- Two golf courses within five minutes of Cabot Cove.
- Laze on our dock; fish or catch-up on a novel.
- Let us get you tickets to our local playhouse or to the Ogunquit Playhouse, rich in
history and one of the country's premier summer playhouses.
- Ride and explore antique trolleys from around the world at the Seashore Trolley Museum.
- A dozen tennis courts within ten minutes of Cabot Cove.
- Visit the Brick Store Museum and The Nott House for historical exhibits and original
- Wander our lavish gardens.
Renovation Style magazine ~ Cottage Style magazine ~ Accent
on Home & Garden
Boston Sunday Globe Magazine ~ Coastal Living magazine ~ Portland Magazine
- Rates: Rates are based on per night double occupancy and are subject to a 7% Maine state sales tax.
- Minimum Stay: There is a two-night minimum stay requirement on most weekends and a three-night minimum on major holidays and “In-Season”.
- Deposits: The full amount for a 1 night stay is due at the time of booking; one-half of the total for a 2+ night stay is due. The balance is due upon arrival
- Forms of Payment: Credit card deposits can be made with American Express, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover, and will be processed immediately. Check deposits may be sent via mail and are expected within 5 business days of booking
Because of our size, cancellations affect us significantly. For any cancellation or change of dates, we must receive 21 days* notice prior to your confirmed arrival for a refund of your deposit, less a $25 service charge. If any full or partial cancellation or change of dates is made within 21 days*, regardless of the reason, you are financially responsible for the entire reservation, unless we can re-book your cottage. However, you are always welcome to send a friend or family member in your place.
For weekly stays, a 30-day cancellation period applies.
- Travel Insurance: We realize that cancellations are often beyond your personal control. For this reason we recommend purchasing travel insurance for peace of mind. The Cottages at Cabot Cove will be happy to supply your travel insurance company with any needed documentation regarding our policy and your reservation. For insurance information please visit www.insuremytrip.com.
Additional Persons and Children:
Please note The Cottages at Cabot Cove offers a quiet environment and may be unsuitable for children under 15 years.
- Some of our cottages can accommodate a 3rd person for an additional $50 per night.
Cottages for three people: Sweet Dreams, Sandpiper, Sleepy Hollow.
- We are unable to make exception to this policy and do not allow more than two people in the other cottages.
- Check-in and Check-out:
Check-in is between 3pm and 6:00pm; if checking in after 6:00pm, please call for special arrangements. Check-out is 11am.
The Cottages at Cabot Cove is a completely smoke-free property.
- Pets: Regrets, but the cottages cannot accommodate pets. We are happy to recommend a local kennel for boarding.
We do not allow gas grills, charcoal grills, or any other type of open flame cooking appliance at Cabot Cove.
- All cottages are equipped with air conditioning.
evening, the cottage cupolas light and the wonder of Cabot Cove is everywhere around
. Come and experience the magic with us.
Hits Since 2/23/09