New designer cottages
nestled in an idyllic tidal cove setting perfect for a romantic escape.
Stay a night or two or more!
Welcome to The Cottages at Cabot Cove, a magical
enclave of 16 new and unique cottages in Kennebunkport, Maine, all
nestled in an idyllic tidal cove-side setting perfect for a romantic escape. Come stay with us for a night, or two, or more.
"Cottage" - one little word that says so much... evoking sweet memories of
summers past, contentment, and a simpler way of life. Each of our intimate cottages has
its own charm and personality; each beautifully decorated by a different interior
designer. Our cottages were featured in the April 2006 issues of Coastal Living magazine
which titled them "the cutest cottages ever"
and Portland Magazine which dubbed them "Love
Shacks"... Need we say more.
We are operating the
cottages as a twist on the traditional inn or bed and breakfast experience.
All of the amenities are in place,
but instead of a room, you stay in your very own love shack, politely called a
cottage, with a cozy harmony of modern elements WiFi, TV/DVD, iPod clock/radio. Of
course, all cottages have a modern, fully equipped kitchen.
overlooking Cabot Cove is breathtaking and quintessentially Maine.
Wake to the birds
Each morning, we deliver a sumptuous
basket breakfast to be enjoyed in your cottage or served to you on your private patio
overlooking the cove.
- A delightful basket breakfast brought to your cottage door or private patio overlooking
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Designer furnishings
- Daily housekeeping services
- Thick fluffy towels
- TV/DVD, iPod clock/radio and wireless internet access (bring your own wi-fi-enabled
- Hair dryer, ironing board and full size iron
- Ceiling fans
- Beach passes
- Use of rowboats and kayaks
- Concierge services
Launch one of our kayaks and meander the Kennebunk River.
Paddle a skiff about our cove. Wander through our lavish gardens framed by trellises,
stone terraces and quaint white picket fences. Laze on our dock; fish or catch-up on a
- Walk to Kennebunkport and explore the many fine shops, galleries and restaurants; wander
to the harbor for yachts and tuna boats.
- Visit stately summer homes, not the least of which belongs to George and Barbara Bush
- Walk tree line streets showcasing 18th and 19th century architecture built by merchants
and sea captains.
- Build sand castles, swim or be a beachcomber.
- Take a bike ride along scenic coastal routes.
- Paint the scene.
- Visit fine antique shops, auction houses and old bookstores.
- Dine in style or rough it in a lobster shack.
- Fish off the breakwater or a charter.
- The area is a magnet for artists; visit their galleries.
- Take a nature walk through Laudholm Farm, a unique saltwater farm, or the Rachel Carson
National Wildlife Refuge.
- Launch one of our kayaks and meander the Kennebunk River.
- Paddle a skiff about Cabot Cove.
- Visit Cape Porpoise, the quintessential Maine working harbor, home port to lobstermen
- Take a boat excursion - whale watching, schooner, scenic cruise or lobsterboat.
- Maine is known for its lighthouses; bring your camera.
- Take an architectural walking tour, including a National Register Historical District
- Two golf courses within five minutes of Cabot Cove.
- Laze on our dock; fish or catch-up on a novel.
- Let us get you tickets to our local playhouse or to the Ogunquit Playhouse, rich in
history and one of the country's premier summer playhouses.
- Ride and explore antique trolleys from around the world at the Seashore Trolley Museum.
- A dozen tennis courts within ten minutes of Cabot Cove.
- Visit the Brick Store Museum and The Nott House for historical exhibits and original
- Wander our lavish gardens.
Renovation Style magazine ~ Cottage Style magazine ~ Accent
on Home & Garden
Boston Sunday Globe Magazine ~ Coastal Living magazine ~ Portland Magazine
$190 - $735. Rates are based on per night double occupancy and are subject to a 7% Maine
state sales tax.
- Minimum Stay
There is a two-night minimum stay requirement on most weekends and a three-night minimum
on major holidays. If cottages are available, we may make an exception to the minimum.
The full amount for a 1 or 2 night stay is due at the time of booking; one-half of the
total for a 3+ night stay is due. The balance is due upon arrival.
- Forms of Payment
Credit card deposits can be made with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or
Discover, and will be processed immediately. Check deposits may be sent via mail and are
expected within 5 business days of booking.
Because of our size, cancellations affect us significantly. For any cancellation or change
of dates, we must receive 21 days* notice prior to your confirmed arrival for a refund of
your deposit, less a $25 service charge. If any full or partial cancellation or change of
dates is made within 21 days*, regardless of the reason, you are financially responsible
for the entire reservation, unless we can re-book your cottage. However, you are always
welcome to send a friend or family member in your place.
- For weekly stays, a 45-day cancellation period applies.
- Travel Insurance
We realize that cancellations are often beyond your personal control. For this reason we
recommend purchasing travel insurance for peace of mind. The Cottages at Cabot Cove will
be happy to supply your travel insurance company with any needed documentation regarding
our policy and your reservation. For insurance information please visit our website.
- Additional Person
Some cottages can accommodate a 3rd person for an additional $50 per night. The Anchorage
(Cottage 16) can accommodate 3rd and 4th persons for an additional $100 per night for each
- Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in is between 3pm and 6:30pm; if checking in after 6:30pm, please call for special
arrangements. Check-out is 11am.
The Cottages at Cabot Cove is a completely smoke-free property.
The cottages are not appropriate for younger children.
Regrets, but the cottages cannot accommodate pets. We are happy to recommend a local
kennel for boarding.
evening, the cottage cupolas light and the wonder of Cabot Cove is everywhere around
. Come and experience the magic with us.
Hits Since 2/23/09