Bed and Breakfast
Monmouth Historic Inn, a
small luxury hotel is a glorious return to the antebellum South. Rated
"one of the top ten most romantic places in the USA" by Glamour magazine
and USA Today
Named one of the "Top 50 U.S.
Inns & B&Bs" by Zagat, this haven of tranquility awaits to enfold you in
luxury and service.
The dream of its famous first owner, General John A. Quitman, was to create an
atmosphere of permanence and peace amidst a changeable world. That dream has been fully
realized through the loving and careful restoration of the mansion and eight other
historic buildings providing thirty exquisite rooms and suites.
Visitors looking to savor 'a page from the past' laud guestrooms decked out in period
finery (in the main house, carriage house and other building), 'wonderful' staff
that 'coddles you' and 'great dining' (one admirer 'spent hours in the kitchen with the
chef watching her cook'); in sum, the 'perfect romantic getaway.'"
Twenty-six beautifully landscaped acres include pebble paths bursting with flowers, a
white bridge gracing a small clean pond, Mississippi songbirds, and moss draped oak trees.
Every modern comfort has been
provided in the elegantly appointed rooms, without detracting
from the historic architectural integrity of the plantation.
Many of the rooms
have fireplaces and Jacuzzi baths. Guest accommodations are provided in the main house,
Courtyard Building, Garden Cottages, Carriage House, Plantation Suites, Quitman Retreat
and Pond Cottages -- all carefully maintained in period style.
Mornings begin with a delightful complimentary Southern breakfast full
of special treats and prepared by a kindly, cheerful staff. Very special is the thought
that goes into all the guest amenities, whether it's the full breakfast, the unique soaps
and creams provided with luxurious robes; the cocktail service featuring freshly mixed
mint juleps, the complementary hors d'oeuvres, or the chocolates and turned-down covers
that say, "We're glad you're here. Sweet dreams."
Nights sparkle under candlelight and hand cut crystal
during five-course dinners that are repeatedly touted as "the best in Natchez."
Regina Charboneau, our Executive Chef, plans the menu daily and often incorporates
regional favorites that are prepared in her contemporary Southern style.
Conde Nast 2011
Reader's Choice Award
Monmouth is listed as a National Historic Landmark, and is the perfect
starting place for an adventure in Natchez, one of the South's enduring treasures--a town
that combines pre-Civil War elegance with gracious hospitality.
With conference space for up to 100, corporations and organizations find Monmouth
perfectly suited for business meetings in an unharried atmosphere.
|Monmouth Plantation is a member of: Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Historic
Hotels of America, Four-Diamond member of AAA Auto Club, and the Independent Innkeepers
31 accommodations overall: 16 suites and 15 guest rooms.
All rooms are furnished with period pieces, all have private baths, telephones and
televisions. All have extravagant window and bed treatments. Every room is individually
Many of the guest rooms have working fireplaces.
All accommodations have full private bathrooms and thirteen (13) have tub Jacuzzis.
All guest bathrooms have fluffy towels, bath soap, shampoo, conditioner and night
Hair dryers and steam irons are available in each room.
Guest rooms have firm Posture-Pedic beds with non-allergenic pillows.
All rooms are air conditioned.
Not suitable for children under 14 years of age.
No pets allowed.
On-premises recreational activities include: croquet court, fishing, two on-site ponds,
hiking trail ¼ mile through a wooded area, tennis, and an 18-hole golf course within a
mile of the property. The Natchez area is a favorite for cyclists.
Meals include: early morning coffee served in the study, a full Southern breakfast, and
evening hors d'oeuvres - all included in the room rate.
Dinners served nightly: an unforgettable gourmet, five-course dinner by candlelight,
$37.00 per person plus tax and gratuity (excluding cocktails and wine).
We are a non-smoking inn, however, smoking is allowed outside of the guest rooms and
Conference and wedding facilities are available and welcomed. Monmouth provides a year
round catering service providing groups and parties a wide choice of gourmet menus. The
various facilities include:
Credit cards accepted: Discover, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Carte Blanche &
Gift Certificates are available.
The Gift Shop carries several thousand quality items and we ship upon request.
- Receptions - 115 people
- Conference-style - 35 people
- Theater-style - 80 people
- Classroom - 80 people
- Banquet-style - 60 people
Whatever the time of year or reason for coming to Monmouth, you will thoroughly enjoy your
stay; and as many of our guests have discovered, your first visit will not be your last.
- Check-In Time: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Check-out Time: 11:00 AM
- No Smoking: All interior spaces, including guest rooms, are designated as non-smoking areas due to the fine fabrics, antiques and artwork these spaces contain. Failure to adhere to this non-smoking policy in any guest room or suite will result in a special $300 special cleaning fee being added to a registered guest account.
- Please dispose of cigarette and cigar waste safely and do not dispose these items in the gardens or on the lawns...Mother Nature welcomes everyone's cooperation.
- Reservation Cancellation Policy: A reservation cancellation is free of charge if done no later than three-days/72 hours prior to 3:00 PM (hotel time) on the scheduled arrival date. In the event you are unable to keep your reservation, please cancel in a timely manner to avoid any charges. Reservations cancelled or altered less than 72-hours (three days) prior to 3:00 PM on the scheduled arrival date will be charged for the total amount of the original reserved stay, plus applicable taxes.
- Monmouth Plantation does require a deposit of 1 night hotel stay, plus taxes,OR one-half of the package price amount at the time the reservation is made. This deposit is refunded back to the card issued if the reservation is cancelled within the 72 hour cancellation policy. If the reservation is cancelled after the 72 hours before arrival day at 3:00pm, the deposit is not refunded.
- Cancelling or Changing Reservations Made Via the Internet: If you have reserved directly online at MonmouthPlantation.com and wish to cancel or alter your reservation, it is necessary for you contact the hotel directly by calling 601.442.5852 or 800.828.4531.
- If you reserved using either another Internet-based reservation system or travel agent, you should contact them directly to ensure your reservation is cancelled or changed in a timely manner, and in keeping with the terms of their own applicable policies. Nevertheless, Monmouth Plantation's cancellation policy remains in effect regardless of who is responsible for notifying Monmouth Plantation of the cancellation of; or, a revision to any reservation.
- Other Terms: During holidays, peak business or promotional offerings periods there may be minimum stay, additional cancellation notice or full prepayment requirements, please speak with a Monmouth reservation agent for more information.
- Additional Guest Fee: $50 per person surcharge for more than two guests per unit.
- Reserving a Specific Room: Every effort will be made to honor a request for a specific room; however, Monmouth Plantation cannot guarantee a specific room will be assigned to any reservation; rather, Monmouth guarantees the "room category" which is reserved. In the event the "room category" reserved is not available at time of check-in, Monmouth Plantation will upgrade a reservation to a higher category at no additional charge.
- When reserving an Antebellum Room or Suite, please keep in mind all Antebellum accommodations are located on the upper floors of the Main House and are accessed by stairs. No elevator service available.
- In the event a guest prefers not to occupy a room to which they have been assigned, every effort will be made to move a guest into another room within the same "room category"; however, if another room is not available in the same "room category", a move into a different "room category" may result in either a higher or lower room rate being charged accordingly.
- Dress Code: Monmouth Plantation does not have a formal dress code; however, as a courtesy to fellow guest and to ensure you feel comfortable, we recommend guests wear "smart casual or better" in the evening and whenever dining in the 1818 Restaurant.
- Children Policy: Well mannered children 10 years or older are welcomed, provided they are supervised at all times by a responsible adult. Any costs or lost revenue incurred by Monmouth Plantation as a result of a child's actions will be charged to the responsible guest account.
- Pet Policy: Due to the antiques and fine custom fabrics used in the furnishing of all guest rooms, pets are not allowed; however, Monmouth Plantation welcomes service animals.
- Damages: Normal wear and tear on hotel furnishings and property is understandable; however, our guest rooms and suites have fine furnishings, artwork and antiques throughout. Guests will be charged accordingly for damages to any of these items.
Monmouth Historic Inn is a
member of the following associations:
Bed & Breakfast Association of Mississippi
Historic Hotels of America
Select Registry, Distinguished Inns of North America
Small Luxury Hotels of the World
Hits Since 10/30/01