Inn of the Turquoise Bear
Bed and Breakfast
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Rooms and Rates:
|All rooms have phones, robes, outside entrances, cable TV
and VCRs, and all rooms, except Adams, have fireplaces. Free local and 800 calls.
No charge for firewood.
- Ansel Adams
- Queen size bed, private bath with tub & shower. Opens onto the Eden Tree Courtyard.
Adams, Bynner's friend, partied and took many photographs here. $110/$120
- Willa Cather
- Queen size bed, shared bath/shower. Bynner edited Cather's early work in New York before
she wrote the most famous novel about Santa Fe, Death Comes for the Archbishop.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
- Queen size bed, shared bath/shower, viga beams, large picture window overlooking
gardens. This famous poet was once engaged to Bynner. $130/$140
- O. Henry
- Queen size bed, private bath/shower, viga beams. Located just off the living room.
Bynner facilitated the publication of O. Henry's short stories. $135/$150
- D.H. Lawrence
- Queen size bed and twin sofa bed, private bath/shower, sitting area in alcove, upstairs
with porch overlooking the Whitman Courtyard. The lives of Lawrence and Bynner were
intimately intertwined. $145/160
- Igor Stravinsky
- Queen size bed, private bath/tub & shower. Stravinsky, a frequent visitor to Santa
Fe was Bynner's guest on many occasions beginning in 1950. $155/$170
- Georgia O'Keeffe
- King size bed and twin sofa bed, private bath/tub & shower, sitting area, viga
beams, refrigerator. Bynner & O'Keeffe were friends. $175/$190
- Spud Johnson
- Queen size bed, private bath/large tile shower, viga beams. Handicapped accessible room
on parking level. Spud was a writer & editor. $165/$180
- King size bed, private bath/shower, very large room, picture window overlooking gardens,
viga beams, two sitting areas. This room was Bynner's "outside" studio.
- King size bed, private bath/tub & shower, balcony -- views of mountains and city,
sitting area with sofa, viga beams, refrigerator. This very large room was Bynner's study.
- Bynner-Hunt Suite
- The Bynner Room, described above, plus the adjacent Hunt Room with twin beds or king
bed. Named for Bynner's companion of more than 30 years. Bynner's bedroom. $290/$315
at your Inn was a vacation and history lesson we will always remember! A positive
recommendation to all our friends for an extended holiday." L. & R.
"Thank you very much for your hospitality and warmth. Staying with you was the
perfect conclusion to my vacation. I certainly hope to return for a longer visit
"Thank you for such a fabulous weekend. Needless to say, everyone had a grand
time. You both made our stay something very special. We will see you again soon."
J. & C.
Inn of the Turquoise Bear has been featured in New Mexico Magazine (May 1998)
and Our World, and recommended in Sunset, Out & About, Genre,
Hidden New Mexico, the Los Angeles Times, Fodor's Gay Guide to the USA,
and other fine publications.
Rates are for one or two persons. Add $20 per extra person. Rates subject to change
- Check-in 3:00 p.m.; Check-out noon.
- Deposits: A one-night deposit is required when a reservation is made.
If paying by check, a credit card a may be used to secure a reservation for seven days.
- Cancellations: For cancellations received less than two weeks before
the scheduled arrival date, the deposit will not be refunded unless the room is rebooked.
All deposit refunds are subject to a $20 processing fee. Refund and deposit policies may
differ for holidays and special events.